The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has requisitioned 3.4 million rounds of .357 Sig caliber rounds for use by the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA). But there seems to be more than a few problems with this:
- Homeland Security, the “mother” of the TSA and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) is currently on an ammunition diet. Congress has taken them to task, and has forbid them from buying ammunition.
- The .357 Sig is simply a .40 caliber S&W necked down to a 9 mm. Source. The .40 caliber S&W round is the preferred ammunition by DHS/TSA/FLETC, so this is an end run on Congress’ efforts to reign in the Tyranny of The Ammunition Hogs.
- The .357 Sig is more expensive than the .40 S&W. You can purchase 50 rounds of .357 Sig for $34, and for only $22 (12 bucks less) you can get 50 rounds of .40 S&W rounds.
- The TSA is not the only one playing games with Congress. The Department of Defense (DOD) Office of the Inspector General, Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), has quietly added .40 caliber S&W into their request for ammunition. Embedded within the Excel chart, a “unit” of DCIS is listed as FLETC, and due to nomenclature rules, there is only one FLETC, the agency belonging to DHS.
Earlier in the summer, the government made many purchases for ammunition. From NOAA to the Bureau of Prisons, the government’s nursing at the teat of ammo manufacturers is going at it full hog.
Do you, your family, and the nation a favor by passing the article onto your Congressman. They probably would love to have a chat with the TSA about this.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
We encourage you to share and republish our reports, analyses, breaking news and videos (Click for details).
Contributed by James Smith of Prepper Podcast Radio Network.
James is a father of four and grandfather to four cute little bugs. He and his wife Beautiful Gorgeous, of almost 30 years, have been prepping since 2003. They live in a small town, with neighbors as close as 10 feet away and have raised chickens for 3 years covertly on less than 1/5 of an acre. When his wife discovered he had chickens (about 2 weeks after he bought them) she nearly left him! However, his charm won her over to them, although she does not interact with them.
He is the host of The Covert Prepper Show heard on Saturday evenings. All shows can be heard and downloaded from the Prepper Podcast Radio Network.
His work experiences include:
• Currently works a corporation dealing with the disabled population and their benefits
• US Navy enlisted for 6 years
• Former Corrections Officer – worked in medium and minimum security prison
• Former sub rosa or “covert” disability insurance fraud investigator
o Designed and converted vehicles for investigations
o Recorded hundreds of hours of tape in bars, restaurants, ball games observing and recording people who have filed fraudulent insurance claims.
His formal education includes:
Radar and computer electronics
Bachelor of Science degree, with minors in biology and neuroscience.
Website: http://TheCovertPrepper.com and http://www.prepperpodcast.com