Sometimes a school does something so magnificently idiotic in the name of education, you have to wonder if it is pure thoughtless stupidity or a deliberate attempt to brainwash kids into eternal obedience.
I recently wrote about my own daughter’s experience at her new school where the kids were supposed to kneel to the teachers when a whistle blew. Melissa Melton of Truthstream Media wrote about her daughter’s 9/11 assignment in which she was to imagine a horrible death at the hands of terrorists.
And now we learn of the appalling exercise that students of Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy underwent at a Nature’s Classroom field trip – an educational experience, according to the website, that was guaranteed to bring the kids closer together. “After spending a week at Nature’s Classroom, living and learning together, students develop a sense of community, a confidence in themselves and an appreciation for others that carries over to the school community.”
What better way to learn about the Underground Railroad and the horrors of slavery than to make the kids act like slaves, call them the N-word, and have the teacher-masters chase them through the forest?
One young girl (who is, incidentally, black) tells of her emotionally traumatic experience – one that would send me, as a parent, straight to the school board in a state of righteous rage the likes of which the “educators” would never forget.
James Baker, the girl’s father, read his daughter’s account of the “learning experience” to the Hartford Board of Education.
I was told about the reenactment about a ½ hour before it started.
The Ship (pretend ship)
Before we went into the dark room, we were lined up outside and asked to close our eyes and imagine having to run with our families in Africa. The slave master finds us and beats, stabs and kills my father in front of me and then takes me away from my family. I went into a dark room where I had to sit on my bottom with my knees together; my legs fell asleep and were hurting. We were jammed together tightly touching each other.
While in the dark room,
- I was told by the instructor that we will go to the bathroom on each other, and some of us might throw up.
- The instructor told me, “We don’t need any sick slaves. If you get sick we will throw you over board.”
- I was told sharks were following the ship and that they could smell our blood.
- I was told I may have to dance to entertain them.
In the woods (later)
- I had to pretend I was picking cotton, like a real slave.
- I had to hold my head down and could not make eye contact with the white masters.
- I was told the slaves had to work until our hands were raw and bleeding.
- I heard the instructor ask the kids behind me to open their mouths so their teeth could be checked.
- Some were asked to jump up and down.
Sandra Baker, the young girl’s mother, also chimed in and shared some of the horrific things that were said to the children.
The following comments were taken from the Nature’s Classroom Underground Railroad Report, which was completed by, the Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy February 25 –April 18, 2013. I ask that you imagine these phrases being yelled at your 10 to 12 year old child and her friends: Here is some of the language used in the reenactment exercise:
- “Bring those niggers to the house over there”
- “Going to get the dogs to eat you”
- “Nigger if you can read, there is a problem”
- “You’re an animal working in the fields the rest of your life”
- “You don’t have any rights, we own you”
- “Dumb dark skinned negro person how dare you look at me”
- “How dare you look those dark eyes at me, I am higher than you”
- “Don’t look me in the eyes you’re worthless keep your head down”
- “You will be fed twice a day, water and crumbs”
- “You’re not a person, you’re’ property”
- “If you get sick, you will be thrown off the boat
Can you believe that this is happening in America?
Every child in the public school system is being programmed to submit. An article from Truthstream Media lists some recent outrages that make the above experience look perfectly, appallingly normal:
- Fourth grade students in Illinois were recently given a “What Is Government?” worksheet with a cartoon Uncle Sam character holding a baby wearing a matching stars and bars top hat that literally told the children “Government is like a nation’s family. Families take care of children and make sure they are safe, healthy and educated, and free to enjoy life.” Uh-huh. Apparently Uncle Sam actually believes he’s your uncle now.
- A private school in New York City made students as young as 14 write suicide notes that included justification for why they would kill themselves.
- Arizona fourth graders were given a worksheet asking students what would happen if a woman found another woman’s hairclip under her bed. One girl wrote, “The husband had cheated, and he was in big trouble.” The school apologized, claiming the teacher hadn’t fully read the assignment before handing it out.
- Kindergarteners in Illinois are being taught sex education, including the examination of different family structures, such as whether or not there’s two moms at home. The curriculum follows the recommendations of The Future of Sex Education (FoSE) sponsored in part by the Society of State Leaders of Health and Physical Education that includes an advisory committee of senior officials from Planned Parenthood and the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN).
- Seems like fourth graders are particularly targeted. This time fourth grade students in Florida were made to write, “I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights…to Be Safer” following a lesson on the Constitution.
- Earlier this year, female high school students in a small Texas town were girls were made to dress up in full-length Islamic burqas while students were told Muslim terrorists are to be referred to as “freedom fighters“.
- Tenth graders fell victim to the common core in Arizona, as students were made to read passages from the novel Dreaming in Cuban by Cristina Garcia out loud in class. Here’s an example: “Hugo and Felicia stripped in their room, dissolving easily into one another, and made love against the whitewashed walls. Hugo bit Felicia’s breast and left purplish bands of bruises on her upper thighs. He knelt before her in the tub and massaged black Spanish soap between her legs. He entered her repeatedly from behind.” All that before she ties the guy up with her underwear and he calls her his Bitch. That’s what passes for tenth grade reading material in this country. Who could make this up?
- A teacher in Tennessee banned a ten-year-old girl from writing about God.
- High school seniors in Texas were told they’d receive zeroes on a writing assignment about what they did over the weekend if what they did involved attending a gun show.
- A reading assessment prep given to third graders in Seattle was filled with Bill Gates hero worship.
- Even online charter schools parents homeschool through are not indoctrination-free. A homeschooling dad from Maine found his son was being subjected to lessons that espouse the virtues of communist China.
- A Texas fifth grader was given a CSCOPE curriculum worksheet entitled, “Why Can’t Kids Vote?” that said, “Adults think we don’t understand things like global warming and war. But we know these are things that need to be fixed. Adults have not fixed any of it yet, so maybe it’s time to give the kids a chance to make things better. The adults clearly need our help because they do not always make the best decisions.”
- A third grade teacher in Georgia gave the class slavery-themed math homework with questions like, “If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?” (source)
Despite the passionate opinions of some zealous homeschoolers, not everyone can realistically teach their children at home, for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the family is led by a single parent who must work full time. Some parents are working more than one job to make ends meet as the economy continues to plummet. Some parents are not well-educated themselves and do not feel competent to homeschool their kids. Some kids – perfectly intelligent, bright children who are hungry to learn – just don’t have families who are involved in their educations.
The public school system, however broken it may be, is the only chance for many children to receive an education. Our tax dollars fund these school systems, and therefore the administrators must be held accountable. We can’t allow them to further the government agenda of subduing, terrorizing, and dumbing down our future through trauma-based brainwashing.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
We encourage you to share and republish our reports, analyses, breaking news and videos (Click for details).
Contributed by Daisy Luther of The Organic Prepper.
Daisy Luther is a freelance writer and editor who lives in a small village in the Pacific Northwestern area of the United States. She is the author of The Pantry Primer: How to Build a One Year Food Supply in Three Months. On her website, The Organic Prepper, Daisy writes about healthy prepping, homesteading adventures, and the pursuit of liberty and food freedom. Daisy is a co-founder of the website Nutritional Anarchy, which focuses on resistance through food self-sufficiency. Daisy’s articles are widely republished throughout alternative media. You can follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, and you can email her at email@example.com
For more news and breaking information visit www.DaisyLuther.com