An X1-class flare issuing from sunspot AR1875 was detected at 0203 UT. This makes it the third X-class flare in three days and shows that activity on the Sun remains high. There are to be little or no effects from the flare on Earth as AR1875 is moving away over the eastern limb of the Sun.
NOAA has estimated the chance of further X-class flares at 35% over the next 24 hours and the chance of M-class as 65% of the same period.
Todays sunspot number is 206, the highest for some time. AR1882 which is moving west to east across the Sun also has the energy for X-class flares.
Ther are currently no coronal holes facing Earth.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
We encourage you to share and republish our reports, analyses, breaking news and videos (Click for details).
Contributed by Chris Carrington of The Daily Sheeple.
Chris Carrington is a writer, researcher and lecturer with a background in science, technology and environmental studies. Chris is an editor for The Daily Sheeple. Wake the flock up!