URGENT – WEATHER MESSAGE: SANDY MAKING NORTHWARD TURNâ€¦EXPECTED TO BRING LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGEâ€¦COASTAL HURRICANE WINDS AND HEAVY APPALACHIAN SNOWS.
The Daily Sheeple
October 29th, 2012
Reader Views: 9,021
NOAA Hurricane Advisories as they happen…
Odds of storm surge in your area…
Odds of Hurricane speed winds in your area…
Potential rainfall – severity and spread…
Snow Hurricane Preparedness and Survival…
10/29/12 – 08:00 AM EDT: From the Weather Channel:
- Sandy is Powerful and Still Intensifying -Â Measurements taken early Monday morning by Air Force reconnaissance aircraft indicated an alarming drop in Hurricane Sandy’s central pressure.
- Evacuations in New York City -Â New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg warned people in low-lying areas of lower Manhattan and Queens to evacuate.
- D.C. Shutting Down -Â Federal offices in Washington, D.C., will be closed on Monday, Oct. 29. Non-emergency employees will be granted excused absence for the number of hours they were scheduled to work on Monday.
10/28/12 – 10:55 PM EDT:Â From the National Hurricane Center:Â â€śSANDY ABOUT TOÂ START ITS NORTHWARD TURNâ€¦EXPECTED TO BRING LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGEâ€¦COASTAL HURRICANE WINDS AND HEAVY APPALACHIAN SNOWS.â€ť
Â 10/28/12 9:30 PM EDT:Â Storm surge inundates the boardwalk at Point Pleasant, N.J.
11:02 PM EDT:Â New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ to be closed on Monday, including online trading, reversing earlier decision to remain opened.
Â 12:31 PM EDT: Â Business Insider confirms that the stock exchanges are confirming that U.S. markets will be closed for trading on Tuesday.
NOAA Storm Advisory:
NOUS41 KPHI 281841
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
241 PM EDT SUN OCT 28 2012
…AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS STORM TO IMPACT THE AREA…
SANDY IS EXPECTED TO SLAM INTO THE NEW JERSEY COAST LATER MONDAY NIGHT, BRINGING VERY HEAVY RAIN AND DAMAGING WINDS TO THE REGION. THE STORM IS A LARGE ONE, THEREFORE DO NOT FOCUS ON THE EXACT CENTER OF THE STORM AS ALL AREAS WILL HAVE SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS.
THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE AN HISTORIC STORM, WITH WIDESPREAD WIND DAMAGE AND POWER OUTAGES, INLAND AND COASTAL FLOODING, AND MASSIVE BEACH EROSION. THE COMBINATION OF THE HEAVY RAIN AND PROLONGED WIND WILL CREATE THE POTENTIAL FOR LONG LASTING POWER OUTAGES AND SERIOUS FLOODING.
PREPARATIONS SHOULD BE WRAPPING UP AS CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO WORSEN TONIGHT AND ESPECIALLY ON MONDAY.
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES…
1. IF YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO EVACUATE A COASTAL LOCATION BY STATE AND LOCAL OFFICIALS, PLEASE DO SO.
2. IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT TO EVACUATE, AND YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO RODE OUT THE `62 STORM ON THE BARRIER ISLANDS, ASK THEM IF THEY COULD DO IT AGAIN.
3. IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT, THINK ABOUT YOUR LOVED ONES, THINK ABOUT THE EMERGENCY RESPONDERS WHO WILL BE UNABLE TO REACH YOU WHEN YOU MAKE THE PANICKED PHONE CALL TO BE RESCUED, THINK ABOUT THE RESCUE/RECOVERY TEAMS WHO WILL RESCUE YOU IF YOU ARE INJURED OR RECOVER YOUR REMAINS IF YOU DO NOT SURVIVE.
4. SANDY IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS STORM. THERE WILL BE MAJOR PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURIES ARE PROBABLY UNAVOIDABLE, BUT THE GOAL IS ZERO FATALITIES.
5. IF YOU THINK THE STORM IS OVER-HYPED AND EXAGGERATED, PLEASE ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION.
WE WISH EVERYONE IN HARMS WAY ALL THE BEST. STAY SAFE!
NWS MOUNT HOLLY, NJ
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by The Daily Sheeple of www.TheDailySheeple.com.
This content may be freely reproduced in full or in part in digital form with full attribution to the author and a link to www.TheDailySheeple.com.
Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page