New Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Authorized Storage Depots
January 18th, 2013
Reader Views: 4,117
Because you can never have too many laws, regulations and mandates, Massachusetts State Representative David Linsky has filed a new bill that would, among other things, force gun owners to undergo mental health background checks, acquire liability insurance, pay an additional 25% tax on all forms of ammunition, and require firearms categorized as “assault weapons” to be stored outside of their homes and only at government approved storage depots.
âThis bill is a comprehensive effort to reduce all types of gun violence â murders, intentional shootings, accidental shootings and suicides.Â There is not one solution to reducing gun violence â we canât eliminate it â but there are a lot of common-sense steps that we can take to significantly reduce the everyday tragedy of gun violence and deaths,â said Linsky.
âI have spoken with hundreds of people over the past few weeks in developing this legislation â victims, police officers, criminologists, physicians, and yes – gun owners and sportsmen,â stated Linsky. âThere are a lot of good ideas out there. We should all have one goal â reducing gun violence and trying to keep more tragedies from happening.â
Provisions in the bill include:
- Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
- Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
- Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
- Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
- Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
- Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victimâs services.
- Â Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
- Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
Source: Natick Patch
Bills such as this one are being filed by irrationally driven anti-gunners all over the country.
They are targeting every aspect of firearms in an effort to first reduce ownership, and then to ultimately ban it altogether.
They’ll expand the definitions for mental health to include basic forms of stress and normal human mood fluctuations and designate these as mental health conditions that would disqualify you from owning a gun.
They’ll tax gun purchases and ammunition like they’ve done with cigarettes (tripling the cost over a decade) and require huge insurance premiums, making ownership unaffordableÂ for most Americans.
They’ll track the sale and transfer of all firearms through registration, with unjust punishments for anyone engaging in black-market trading.
And, eventually, another crisis – likely one that purports to threaten the very security and stability of the government of the United States – will be used in an attempt institute a complete roundup of the majority of modern firearms.
A full out assault on the Second Amendment is underway.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by Mac Slavo of www.SHTFplan.com.
When it hits the fan, don’t say we didn’t warn you. Mac Slavo is the editor of SHTFplan.com, a resource hub for alternative news, contrarian commentary and strategies that you can take to protect yourself from the coming global paradigm shift.
Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page