Illinois Total Gun Ban Legislation To Be Submitted, Confiscation to Follow
January 2nd, 2013
Reader Views: 4,947
TheÂ Illinois State Rifle AssociationÂ (ISRA) is claiming that it has learned from a credible source that Illinois State Senate President John Cullerton plans to introduce an â€śassault weaponsâ€ť ban on Wednesday January 2nd during the course of the â€ślame duckâ€ť session.
Cullertonâ€™s apparent strategy is to ram the bill through the Illinois State Congress during the â€ślame duckâ€ť and provide the passed version to Governor Quinn by Friday for signing. Quinn is, of course, aÂ notorious gun grabber.
If the bill passes, according to the ISRA, â€śnearly every gun you [Illinois residents] currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.â€ť
The ISRA states,
Based on what we know about Cullertonâ€™s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called â€śassault weaponsâ€ť but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.
According to The Truth About Guns, there will actually be two bills â€“ â€śone for semi-automatic rifles, lever guns, shotguns and handguns with certain features (e.g., threaded barrels); and one for ammunition magazine capacity.â€ť
The ISRA has posted five points on â€śWhat You Need To Do To Save Your Guns.â€ť They are as follows:
- Beginning Wednesday, call your State Senator and politely tell him or her that you are a law abiding firearm owner and that you strongly oppose Cullertonâ€™s gun ban. Also, be sure to call your State Representative as well and politely deliver the same message. If you do not know who your State Representative please call the Illinois State Board of Elections at 217-782-4141.
- Forward this alert to all your gun owning friends and family members. Be sure to tell them to call their senators and representatives as well.
- Post this alert to any and all InternetÂ bulletin boardsÂ and blogs to which you belong.
- JoinÂ or renew your membership in the ISRA. Encourage your friends and family to join as well.
- Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below. We are in desperate need of your financial support to help beat back the onslaught of gun grab bills coming our way in 2013.
In the wake of the Newtown school shooting, the anti-gun agenda will undoubtedly be pressed harder and harder into concrete actions against the Second Amendment. The attacks on gun ownership will likely be coming from all sides in the coming months. Thus, while one may attempt to achieve as many victories for the Second Amendment as possible through the legislative and political process, it should always be remembered that there should be no compromise and no debate when it comes to our basic rights.
Read other articles byÂ Brandon Turbeville here.Â
Brandon Turbeville is an author out of Florence, South Carolina. He has a Bachelor’s Degree from Francis Marion University and is the author of three books,Â Codex Alimentarius — The End of Health Freedom,Â 7 Real Conspiracies, andÂ Five Sense SolutionsÂ andÂ Dispatches From a Dissident.Â Turbeville has published over 175 articles dealing on a wide variety of subjects including health, economics, government corruption, and civil liberties. Brandon Turbeville’s podcast Truth on The Tracks can be found every Monday night 9 pm EST atÂ UCYTV.Â He is available for radio and TV interviews. Please contact activistpost (at) gmail.com.Â
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by Activist Post of Activist Post.
Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page