The American Empire Is Quickly Declining
Consummate insider Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson – former chief of staff to Colin Powell, and now distinguished adjunct professor of Government and Public Policy at William & Mary – notes that the U.S. is exhibiting all of the signs of a failing empire, including:
- Relying on massive military force (and using gigantic complexes to support it) as the be-all and end-all of power, and belittling diplomacy
- Maintaining standing armies, instead of disbanding military forces between wars
- Using more mercenary forces than citizen troops
- Spending disproportionately large amounts of blood and treasure in order to counter threats on the status quo … which simply exacerbates the threat against the empire
- Going ethically and morally bankrupt
- Ending up up having bankers and financiers end up running the real power
- Suffering great hiccups in finance and trade
- The leaders no longer really believe in or follow the ideals of the founders
The U.S. is also following the age-old recipe for imperial decline by:
- Creating unsustainable levels of inequality
- Incurring staggering levels of debt to finance war and luxury goods
And the decline of the America empire is speeding up due the U.S. falling into the Thucydides trap.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
We encourage you to share and republish our reports, analyses, breaking news and videos (Click for details).
Contributed by of Washington’s Blog.