5 Steps for Avoiding and Detoxing the Bt-Toxin Found in GMO Crops
January 7th, 2013
Reader Views: 974
by Elizabeth Renter
âIt will make agriculture more efficient,âÂ theyÂ claim. âIt wonât hurt anyone but the bugs,âtheysay. But despite all of their promises, Big Agriculture has a vested interest in âsellingâ us the benefits of their frankenfoods. After all, this is how they make their millions and billions. Regardless of what they tell us, however, the vast majority of people are waking up to the game and recognizing the current big agricultural system for what it is: a capitalistic machine devoid of moral concerns.
Just one example of their disregard for human health is in the use of Bacillus thuringiensis, also known as the Bt-toxin. This bacterial toxin has been used for decades as an insecticide, sprayed directly on crops to kill off problem bugs. The toxin works by literally exploding the stomachs of the bugs who ingest it. Nice, huh?
Well, Big Ag had the evil-genius idea of actually splicing the Bt gene with that of crops, creating corn, soybeans and cotton that already had the Bt built in. They said it would increase crop yields. They said it would decrease pesticide use. But, on both accounts,Â they were wrong. In addition to failing on both of these fronts, Bt crops have been found to cause both known and unknown damage to human health.
In example, some research has shown thatÂ Monsantoâs âbiopesticideâ known asÂ Bt is killing human kidney cells.Â ScientistsÂ found thatÂ the Bt pesticide, in addition to Monsantoâs best-selling herbicide Roundup, exhibit directÂ toxicity to human cells even in low doses.
While research is ongoing, there is growing evidence that Bt triggers an immune response in humans and animals. ItÂ elevates antibodiesÂ associated with allergies, infections, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and cancer, just to name a few. Even more frightening, it can now be found in the majority of people on traditional Western dietsâboth in them and their unborn fetuses.
Straight to the Point â Avoiding and Detoxing
While it would be great if the industry would recognize these problems and stop using the Bt-crops, we know that wonât happen. Nor will our government step in and regulate it (they side with Big Ag on this one too). So, as with most things, itâs our responsibility to reduce our exposure and decrease the potential damage on our own bodies.
How can we detox the toxin? Simple â here are 7 steps to help you begin:
- Buy organic, GMO-free foods.Â Simple.
- Consume probiotics and fermented foodsÂ –Â By ensuring your gut bacteria is in good health, your body is better able to combat invaders like the toxic pesticide chemicals.
- Consume fiber-rich foodsÂ –Â The more fiber you eat, the faster things move through your body. And good sources of natural fiber (i.e. organic fruits and vegetables) donât only take the food waste with them. Fiber helps clean the toxins from your body as well. This is lesser known among theÂ health benefits of fiber.
- SweatÂ –Â Through sweating, waste is removed through pores on the skin. Aim to sweat at least fifteen minutes every day. You may even consider brushing your skin from head to toe with a boar bristle brush to remove dead skin cells that clog the pores.
- Filter your waterÂ â By using s high quality water filtration system, such as a reverse osmosis unit, pesticides and other contaminates can be removed from your everyday drinking supply.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by IntelliHub.com of www.IntelliHub.com.
We believe that the world has reached a turning point as the corporate funded and controlled mainline media has become obsolete as humans are now seeking the truth. Intellihub.comâ˘ strives and will continue to uphold itâs duties to inform humanity of what is really taking place in the world around them. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page