33 Facts That Might Come In Handy When The SHTF
February 20th, 2013
Reader Views: 9,029
You pick up a lot of information these days, TV, internet, books. there’s a constant flow of news, images and info bombarding us constantly from every side. Sifting through it and finding out if something is true, or false is becoming extremely time consuming as more and more articles are published that seem intent on swaying us in one direction or the other. Here’s a few snippets of info, checked and sorted to save you doing the research.
It’s a fact that……….
1. Bush fires travel faster uphill than down
2. Hurricane lamps work with cooking oil.
3. Super glue will close a skin wound in an emergency.
4. Duct tape and sticks make a very decent splint.
5. Natural sponge can be used as a re-usable feminine hygiene product.
6. Drain Cleaner and bleach mixed together produce chlorine gas.
7. Wasp nest spray has a range of up to 10 feet
8. Wasp nest spray causes temporary blindness if it hits the eyes
9. Wasp nest spray and a lighter make an effective flame thrower.
10. I like wasp nest spray.
11. Plastic bags/food wrap prevent wound infection.
12. Maggots clean infected wounds very effectively.
13. Putting large stones around a wood burner will throw heat back into the room for some hours after the fire is out.
14. Putting tinfoil behind a candle will more than double the heat and light output.
15. Putting a couple of layers of tinfoil behind a wood burner will increase the heatÂ output.
16. A solar still will turn urine or dirty water into drinking water due to evaporation.
17. Elderberry extract has very good anti-viral properties.
18. Cloves relieve toothache.
19. Aloe Vera relieves burns.
20. Natural yogurt relives sunburn.
21. Cinnamon has antibiotic properties and is a good mouthwash.
22. Flies spread disease.Â Duct tape makes effective fly paper when hung in a room.
23. Bubonic plague is carried by fleas and is still in circulation in areas such as the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
24. DifferentÂ mosquitoesÂ carry different diseases, they all like standing/stagnant water.
25. Planting herbs and lavender amongst vegetables such as carrots and onions will deter smell aroused pests.
26. TheÂ favoriteÂ snack of a ladybug is greenfly.
27. Acetaminophen (paracetamol) kills snakes. One 1/4 of a tablet is enough.
28. Green skinned potatoes are poisonous eaten raw.
29. The deadly poison Ricin comes from castor beans from the castor oil plant.
30. Petroleum jelly treats chafing etc. It also waterproofs boots and shoes and burns like hell if you put a flame to it.
31. Tampons, apart from the obvious are great for plugging penetrating wounds.
32.Â Sugar seems to be effective for helping wounds heal.
33 Exposing a cell phone battery to air and making a hole in it will produce enough heat to start a fire.
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by Lizzie Bennett of Underground Medic.
Lizzie Bennett retired from her job as a senior operating department practitioner in the UK earlier this year. Her field was trauma and accident and emergency and she has served on major catastrophe teams around the UK. Lizzie publishes Underground Medic on the topic of preparedness.
Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page