24 Signs That You Just Might Be a Closet Prepper
From the Trenches World Report
September 4th, 2012
Reader Views: 2,359
Here are 24 signs that you might be a closet prepper:
- Youâve had a survival blog for 4 years and your spouse doesnât know.
- Your family does not know thereâs a case of Dinty Moore stew hidden in the basement
- You stand around the office water cooler laughing with your buddies about all those tin-foil hat wearers â but you have your own roll of Reynolds Wrap at home.
- Youâre an anonymous poster on Infowars.
- While you were supposed to be grocery shopping, you were checking out escape routes out of the city.
- Youâve got a Swiss Army knife on your keychain that looks like a roach clip, instead of a roach clip that looks like a Swiss Army knife.
- Youâve readÂ The Turner DiariesÂ with a flashlight under the bed covers, so now you think you know whatâs coming.
- You download Steve Quayleâs podcasts to your i-pod so you can listen to him on your way to work, alone.
- You anonymously put your spouse on a mailing list for wilderness vacation spots.
- Youâve got a browser bookmarks folder named âRecipesâ that includes links to Survival Blog, Preparedness Society Forum, the Economic Collapse Blog, Survival Mom, and Surviving Survivalism.
- Youâve told your in-laws that the camping equipment in the garage is because you love the great outdoors.
- Youâve convinced yourself that you like the taste of freeze-dried storage foods.
- You play the video game, Half-Life II to practice what you will do when chaos breaks out.
- Doomsday PreppersÂ is your favorite TV show, but you have to TiVO it so you can watch it when your family is out of the house.
- Youâve asked a survivalist group to try to convince your spouse that prepping is a good idea.
- Your family thinks youâve become a religious fanatic, but every Sunday morning you are really taking trips into the wilderness.
- You tell your wife the gas mask you bought is to spark up your sex life â youâd rather have her think youâre a pervert than a prepper.
- You run a large âoff-gridâ website from your London apartment, but you tell your friends itâs just for the monthly Google Analytics check.
- You tell your neighbors that you bought a HumVee for its gas mileage.
- You visit different survival communities every weekend, telling your girlfriend/boyfriend that âItâs just a free camping weekend!â
- Youâve built a house out of rocks deep in the woods while your wife/husband thought you were taking philosophy classes at the local college.
- While you are in the bathroom getting ready for work, you day dream about leaving society behind and living the self-sufficient life.
- You pray that company doesnât want to stay overnight, because if you open the sofa bed theyâll see all your Survival magazines.
- Youâre just waiting for the day when you can say,Â âSee?Â I told you!â
Dan & Sheila are the authors ofÂ Surviving Survivalism â How to Avoid Survivalism Culture Shock. They can be reached atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by From the Trenches World Report of www.FromTheTrenchesWorldReport.com.
From the Trenches World Report is intent on uncovering more documented facts to bring to light that which the common man or woman is not meant to see. We are in a war for nothing less than our right to individual thought. We will be reporting on that war From the Trenches.
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page