18 Things to Like About Being a Survivalist
Dan & Sheila
September 25th, 2012
Reader Views: 1,235
It’s safe to say that if you live off the grid in the wilderness your lifestyle is very different from the urban/suburban day-to-day. We’ve replaced driving to work, working in a cubicle all day, driving home so tired that after dinner all the energy that is left goes into watching TV, with full days of physical labor that may tire the body but invigorates the soul.
In between the daily chores, we have time to rest and time to reflect and think about our choice. Some of the things that have spoiled us are….
- Reading a book
- Having deep conversations with people we love
- Not worrying about a mortgage payment
- Never being stuck in traffic
- Not having a electric bill, phone bill, cable TV bill or water bill
- Being outside on a nice day â€“ or any day I choose to be
- Working in the garden
- Seeing a herd of antelope pass gracefully by
- Hearing how messed up the world is and not experiencing it first hand
- Bathing outdoors in the summer
- Takings lots of safety breaks and understanding their importance
- Feeding chickens and gathering eggs
- Harvesting desert figs and yucca fruit
- Hearing an elk bugle
- Watching our son build a house out of local rocks and adobe
- Knowing that I’ll never go hungry
- Helping others achieve this lifestyle
Delivered by The Daily Sheeple
Contributed by Dan & Sheila of Surviving Survivalism.
From the authors of Surviving Survivalism â€“ How to Avoid Survivalism Culture Shock available at http://survivingsurvivalism.com/.
Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide
Leave A Comment...
The Daily Sheeple Home Page